At Westside Dental Care, all NHS patients are given an attentive, highly personalised service at the highest standard. Once registered as a NHS patient, you are entitled to receive the full range of dental treatment and care needed to keep your mouth, teeth and gums healthy. This includes a FREE dental check-up every 6 months and access to same day emergency appointments.
Free NHS dental treatment
Some patients qualify for full or partial exemption from dental charges. It's always wise to ask if you feel you might qualify for such an exemption - our staff will be happy to help you
You can get free NHS dental treatment if, when the treatment starts, you are:
• Are under the age of 18 years old
• Are aged 18 and in full-time education
• Are named on a valid maternity exemption certificate
• Have had a baby in the previous 12 months, or have had a stillborn baby in the previous 12 months
• Are named on a valid HC2 certificate
• Are named on a valid HC3 certificate
• Are, or your partner is, getting Universal Credit
• Are, or your partner is, getting Income -related Employment Support Allowance.
• Are, or your partner is, getting Tax Credits and meeting qualifying conditions
• If you are named on a valid HC3 certificate you might get some help towards the cost of your NHS dental treatment.
NHS prices are set by the Scottish government and are the same for every NHS dentist in Scotland. Unless you are in one of the groups entitled to free NHS dental treatment or help with the cost you will require to pay 80% of the cost of your NHS dental treatment up to a maximum of £384 per course of treatment.
Cosmetic dental treatments allow you to improve imperfections such as dark teeth, stained teeth, worn down or broken teeth, crooked teeth or missing teeth.
• Teeth Coloured Fillings
• Teeth Whitening
• Porcelain Veneers
• Porcelain Crowns and Bridges
Our experienced dental team can offer these fantastic treatments. Please ask us for more information at your next appointment..